- This event has passed.
July 2017 Emerging Leaders Event
July 20, 2017 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm MDT
We want to celebrate the one year anniversary of the RMPCMA Emerging Leaders group with a fun filled day in Fort Collins as we explore and learn all about this wonderful Colorado city. Starting off, we will tour old town Fort Collins. Followed by a delicious lunch. During our lunch session, we will discuss the topics you want to know about. We will have seasoned industry professionals to answer questions about CVBs, the CMP process, industry trends, and other burning questions and topics you may have. We will close out the program with a private tour and tasting of the famous Fort Collins brewery, New Belgium.
This session is open to everyone, emerging leaders and industry veterans, but space is limited, so sign up today.
We will be setting up a carpool from Denver. If you are interested in joining the carpool make sure to indicate that on your registration form.
10:30am – 12:00pm Walking History Tour of Old Town Fort Collins (19 Old Town Square)
- Join us for a history stroll to learn about fun folklore, current traditions, local ghosts, and the rich history that shapes our town. Along the way you’ll hear stories about the colorful characters and events that transformed Fort Collins from a small army fort to the rich and vibrant city it is today. Here are just some of the subjects we cover:
- Local festivals and traditions both past and present
- Tales of prohibition and bootlegging in this craft brew mecca
- How too much whisky and bad decisions led to the only lynching in Fort Collins
- Insight on the local art scene including the story behind our painted pianos
- Grasshopper invasions that almost made Fort Collins a ghost town
12:00pm – 1:45pm Lunch at Mainline Ale House (125 S College Ave)
- During lunch we will have an educational roundtable discussion with industry veterans. We will discuss all the topics you want to know about.
2:00pm – 3:30pm Tour and Tasting at New Belgium Brewery (500 Linden Street)
Thank You to Our Sponsors