Director, Conferences and Events
- What have you found to be most beneficial being a member of RMPCMA? The relationships I’ve built with other members and learning from their experiences (successes and failures). It’s gold.
- Can you share a life lesson that you have learned in this industry? Oh so many, but one that really stands out is watching a meeting professional veteran (20+ years with that employer) get pushed out of her job. While her methods may have been considered best practice many years prior, the world changed. I was in my 20s then and it hit me like a ton of bricks how critical it is to constantly adapt to be relevant and to thrive in this rapidly-changing industry!
- How did you get in this business and what attracted you to this business? After I graduated college, I didn’t really know what career path to take. When my sister graduated college, she took a temp job working for an association’s meeting department. I learned about the industry from her and I was instantly hooked. Most people say they fell into this industry, but I chose it. From there I took event classes at a community college and volunteered for local CVB events to get my foot in the door. It’s been an exhausting, but fun and rewarding ride!
- How long have you lived in Colorado and what do you like most about living here? After vacationing here most summers, we moved here in 2015 to lead a more active life style. Those mountains are always calling and we love hiking or snowshoeing in them, while searching for wildlife!
- Favorite theater production? What did you love about it? Cabaret was the first musical I saw on Broadway, which just so happened to star John Stamos as the emcee. The music was spectacular and I was star-struck, but what I loved most was the message of inclusivity and the power of the mind to make the most of your situation or see the good in people. The power of story-telling at its best.
- What is your favorite all-time movie? Dirty Dancing!
- Do you currently watch any TV Series? If so, please elaborate. I recently discovered Amazon Prime Video and my new favorites there are The Man in the High Castle and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.